Tuesday, September 7, 2010

nfs exports on itsnas01b

mark: I made a change to the central web server exports (removed nfs3 and fixed a type on klieg) and when I did the exportfs –r I got an error on a storage export:

no such directory, /storage not exported

/storage pointed to /vol/storage_data which doesn’t exist and I’m guessing that was part of when dave created storage_depot and it was safe to delete – so I’ve removed it from the exports file.


Another thing I noticed – I did an exportfs to list the exports before doing the reload and there was this listed:

/linux -actual=/vol/shared5/linux,sec=sys,ro=itsesg01.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg04.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg03.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg02.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg05.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg06.its.uiowa.edu,root=itsesg01.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg04.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg03.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg02.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg05.its.uiowa.edu:itsesg06.its.uiowa.edu

But I don’t think /vol/shared5/linux exists and this export isn’t in the exports file

Anyone have any history on this one. It is exported to the SOFS cluster plus itsesg06

seth: We put the RHEL ISO on /vol/shared5/linux to install on all the IBM servers over NFS. I remember removing the share and the export after finishing so I’m not sure where that message came from. The file may have changed but the exportfs wasn’t executed

mark: Ah – ok

So you removed it from exports buy didn’t do a exportfs –r so the linux mount was still active.

It is gone now after I did the -r

2 comments:

  1. On Sundays email notifications from the nas servers (itsnas01a/b + itsnas02a/b) are --

    PERFORMANCE DATA and WEEKLY_LOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday Post by mark --

    It looks like the NTP services crashed a while ago and I just never got sponged because the debugger is holding the service open.
    I sent a message to the developer to schedule a time for them to remote in and look at it (no response yet).
    I’ve also disabled the NTP services so that if the box restarts or something else happens then NTP won’t start automatically.
    EFP have asked that we keep NTP down so that it doesn’t send quota messages (false or otherwise).

    I’m on call so I don’t expect anyone to have to deal with this except me, but just in case:
    - Don’t restart NTP
    - Don’t restart itsnt347

    ReplyDelete